Today marks 40 days till my 40th birthday! The clock will strike on August 4th and glasses will clink, I’ll toast the new decade...we’re hosting a one day 40% off sale to celebrate the countdown! Use case sensitive code 40daystill40 until midnight today and as always, we offer free US shipping.
I loved my 20s and early 30’s, as I’ve been fortunate and dedicated to exploring almost all of my goals and accomplishing things that are important to me. It’s just, I’ve now realized in the last few years that I’ve become I’m more myself than I’ve ever been and this wouldn’t be possible without the time it took to get to this place and the groundwork that had to be laid.
No matter how old you are now, think back five or ten years...your expanding self-awareness and the lessons life has doled out have undoubtedly transformed your way of being in the world - for the better. How we feel about getting older matters; while its portrayed as this doomsday ticking time bomb, to me, aging actually means we’re becoming seasoned and it’s allowing us to put together a useful toolkit to grow into a well-rounded person.
What tools are in my kit?
- Accept the good and bad parts of myself
- Compromise is a good thing if it’s equal on both sides
- Feed my soul by pursuing my passions and trying new things
- Remember that fighting change is going up against the one constant in life
- Travel near and far, savor the close and the exotic
- Catch myself comparing and express gratitude for what is
- Give back to the community
- Pause to admire the beauty of the world around me
- Remind myself that what others think about me is none of my business
So here I go, head held high as my fourth decade draws near because I plan on learning, pushing myself, extracting goodness and developing until my final breath. Since I don’t decide when that is, I’m aiming to luxuriate in each magical moment I’m physically here. We never know where the present is going to take us in the end, which means anything is possible and that is a miracle to be enjoyed at any age.