The events of the last several days are painful reminders that great injustice remains in our world. Here are some resources that have assisted me navigate this significant week and will continue to be helpful in the future. Today and everyday, Black Lives Matter. Let's support and listen in every way we can with donations, productive action, reflection, and self education.
- Watch Trevor Noah share his thoughts on the killing of George Floyd, the protests across the US, the dominos of racial injustice and police brutality, and how the contract between society and black Americans has been broken time and time again.
- Anti-Racism Resources including articles, books, films, and parenting guides.
- Want to see food and land justice for black Americans? Support these groups.
- Diversify your social media feed courtesy of Samin Nosrat.
- A comprehensive list of resources, donations, petitions, and protestor information.
- Black-owned restaurants, pop-ups and caterers in the Bay Area.
- Black-owned LA restaurants.
- Black-owned Seattle businesses.
- Donate to protestors bail funds - linked and listed by city.
- Some perspective on policing budgets in NYC.
- Black History Month Library by Charles Preston.
As we enter what is sure to be a difficult summer with Covid-19 continuing to wreak havoc, I hope we can prioritize taking legitimate steps to edify ourselves, committing to an inclusive notion of community, and being a voice for fairness and equality.