Please shop local...we want to shout this from the rooftops, as it’s never been more important! Loyale is based in the Sunset District of San Francisco and we've come to love so many businesses that are established here in the Avenues. We are striving to ensure that our friends, neighbors and fellow business owners thrive during this bewildering time, so we've curated a Sunset Gift Guide to spotlight the unique establishments that call this special corner of the city home.
As this pandemic continues to wreak havoc, in addition to economic, political and social instability, shopping locally strengthens communities. Local purchases keep the wealth in our neighborhoods, increasing the prosperity for the people around us. If you don't know what to get someone, go with a gift card, this kind of support helps small businesses enormously.
Take our beloved Judah Street shop Case for Making. They’ve been closed for 8 months and are reopening this weekend, hooray! The purveyor, Alexis has been running this store for 6 years and could use our support right now to make up for lost time. Stock up on CFM’s watercolors, painting tools and other art supplies, they have arty gifts for the whole family.
Also check out these gems:
- Avenue Dry Goods - chat with the friendly staff while you browse their lovely array of ceramics (like the Heit Ceramics bowls featured here), candles, jewelry, and vintage goods
- Devil’s Teeth Bakery - nourish your hungry tummy after a day of shopping with their acclaimed egg sandwich and snag some baked goods to go
- Palm City Wines - scoop some bottles of Inconnu, Nue Wild, Jolie Laide and Scar of the Sea wines to wash down the best damn sandwich in SF, or as they call them West Coast Hoags
- Coffee n Cream Press - letterpress holiday cards with whimsical messages, yes please! Snail mail has never been more essential and Leah presses these cards with love in her homey workshop
- Dogwood Botanicals - we all need to take the edge off, DB has got you and yours covered with their beautifully packaged, flavorless CBD drops
- Black Bird Books - stop buying books on Amazon. Pay full price and enjoy the gorgeous curation and atmosphere at Kathryn’s thoughtful shop, we have our eye on Nik Sharma’s The Flavor Equation and David Chang’s Eat a Peach
- Rae and Rose Floral Co. - proprietor, Chelsea is making wreaths and gorgeous table centers, celebrate in style
- Mollusk Surf Shop, Avenues San Francisco and Swell Bicycles - need a new hobby? Grab a board or a bike and get outside
We’ll be back with more spotlights soon, and remember as you plan for the gifting season, ask yourself if you can find what you’re looking for at a locally owned establishment rather than online or a major chain. Make your shopping and gifting count. Challenge others to do the same, together we can provide the boost necessary for our favorite establishments to survive.
Photo credits: Mollusk Surf Shop, Heit Ceramics, Rae and Rose Floral Co., Palm City Wines, Case for Making and Dogwood Botanicals