Are you wondering what makes our tees different than the ones you see at Target and H&M? I’m Jenny Hwa, the founder of Loyale and I’m here to share what sets us apart:
- Virtuous workmanship, timeless design, superior fabrics and giving back are our founding ideologies.
- There is a disconnect between people coveting locavore and artisanal fare, while having considerably less conviction about where the items in their wardrobe originated and who crafted them. Apparel companies have been lethargic with transparency, so we’re looking to apply the same principles the slow food community has embraced.
- We take “Made in the U.S.A.” to the next level by offering detailed information about what goes into making a Loyale garment. We source the best quality materials from sustainably run Japanese mills for our classic silhouettes and they’re ethically cut and sewn at a worker-owned cooperative in North Carolina.
- We design classic wardrobe staples that you’ll reach for on a daily basis, in an attempt to be a relaxing wardrobe choice that eliminates decision fatigue. It’s our philosophy that an easy to assemble wardrobe allows you to spend less time getting dressed and more time pursuing worthwhile endeavors.
- Taking our socially responsible objectives a step further, we spotlight 501c3s and $2 from each garment sold is donated to nonprofits making a positive impact.
The power is in our hands; each of us can change the fashion industry by shopping less and when we do, let’s support ethical fashion purveyors. We can also begin asking our favorite brands - who is making your clothes, what are you doing with your fabric waste (our scraps are recycled!) and how are you contributing to make the world a better place?Continue reading